In one of the other articles, I write about what is the best laptop to play Fortnite. But being also suitable for school and college some features must not be overlooked. First, it must have hardware around the game’s recommended requirements. I wouldn’t go for minimum requirements. You may squeeze the processing power to play Fortnite out of that kind of a low-end laptop, but the game looks ugly. You need to lower the settings down to the lowest in order to play without stuttering. Which in the end really decreases the gaming experience.
The recommended system requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core i5 2.8GHz or similar
- GPU: Geforce GTX 660 or HD 7870 Radeon or similar (with at least 2GB VRAM)
- RAM: 8 GB
I recommend going a little above the official requirements as you may never know what the requirements will be in the near future.
What Laptop Features to Look For?
- Portability: You’ll want to pick a laptop that’s not that bulky. Well, most laptops today weigh less than your average reference book, but we should always check the weight before buying it. It must also have a decent battery so it lasts during the classes.
- Screen size: A potential trade-off with portability, so don’t go too big. Personally, a 17-inch is too big, but a 13-inch too small for gaming. I find a 15-inch screen size to be just a perfect choice and a good compromise between portability and comfort.
- Processor: A high-end Intel Core i7 might be appealing, but you’ll be paying for a laptop with ability way beyond its need. Aim for an i5, more than enough for Fortnite
- Graphics card: I wouldn’t go below Nvidia GTX 1000 series.
- Storage: It must be equipped with an SSD drive. Traditional HDDs are just slow, unreliable and prone to failure. This is a must. Period. 🙂
My Laptop for School and Fortnite Recommendation
Considering all the above I recommend the following model:
Dell Inspiron 15 7567
CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ | GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti | SCREEN: 15.6″ FHD (1920 x 1080) | RAM: 8GB DDR4 | STORAGE: 256GB SSD
If your budget is kind of limited and still want to have a decent gaming laptop, this Dell Inspiron 15 7567 should do the job. It is most suitable for a bit less-demanding games but can still run the latest AAAs on medium settings without a problem, as it has an upgraded GTX 1050 Titanium.
A great bonus is having a 74 Whr battery so it is also a nice student laptop, suitable also for use in classes.
Price Great battery life Some people doesn’t like a rubber plastic feel
Last update on 2021-05-18.
I hope you find this info useful. Have fun playing Fortnite, but don’t forget your school obligations. 😉
Take care and have fun!
Profession: System Administrator, Stage Crew – Technician
Hobbies: Everything IT, Blogging, Music, Caving
Have none of social media accounts, just got rid of FB recently! 😉